Hey Rosie - tell us a bit about yourself: What do you do, how old are your children and what happens with your kids when you are at work?
I'm an International DJ working in high-end and private members clubs in and around Mayfair as well as large scale private events. While I am at work generally my husband looks after our 5 and a half month old baby as I work at night and he tends to work in the day. I get home around 4am most nights and Rosa wakes at 6am so it can be a bit hardcore!
1. ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE HOW BEING A WOMO MAKES YOU FEEL?
2. WHAT’S THE FUNNIEST EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE HAD JUGGLING KIDS AND WORK?
Forgetting to take stage makeup off and taking baby to shops next morning.
3. WHAT IS THE ONE PIECE OF ADVICE YOU COULD OFFER ANOTHER WOMO?
Forget housework just make sure baby is safe and clean and sleep when they sleep - survive!
4. WHAT’S THE LEAST AMOUNT OF SLEEP YOU’VE GONE TO WORK ON AND HOW DID YOU COPE?
I have nearly fallen asleep driving home from work. It's hard. I've cried a lot at Disney movies due to tiredness then laughed at myself a lot!! That's Sunday's in my house!!
5. WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED ABOUT YOURSELF AS A WOMO?
I've learned I'm pretty hardcore and that she makes everything possible a pure source of joy.
6. IF YOU HAD A WOMO ANTHEM OR MANTRA, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Sleep when they sleep.
7. WHAT IS YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE TO COMBAT WOMO GUILT THE BEST?
Remembering that if I didn't work we wouldn't have enough money.
8. WOULD YOU RATHER BE DEALING WITH A TANTRUM OR PRESENTING IN A BOARD MEETING?
9. IF YOU ASKED YOUR CHILD / CHILDREN WHAT YOUR JOB IS, WHAT WOULD THEY SAY (EXACT QUOTATION IF POSSIBLE)?
Not sure yet, she's too little (5 and a half months).
10. WHAT’S THE ONE THING YOU WISH YOU’D KNOWN BEFORE YOU BECAME A WOMO?
How little time there is to do anything else.
11. TO DATE, WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR BEST WOMO ACHIEVEMENT?
Every day is a high five moment. I'm pleased to be able to juggle work and bubba, there's no room for anything else but that's all I need to be happy.
12. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO TEACH YOUR KIDS ABOUT WORKING MOTHERS?
Anything is possible - there is always a way, if you have to work you can make it happen.
Big thanks to Rosie - our featured WoMo, and thanks to author Clare Bennett for providing our 12 "Meet the WoMos" interview questions.