Hey Sara - tell us a bit about yourself: What do you do, how old are your children and what happens with your kids when you are at work?
I’m 43 years old, I have two girls aged 13 and 10. I’m a bathroom designer for my own company Sara Levy Designs. My kids are at school now so I can work when they are at school and I work at night when they do homework and after they go to bed.
1. One word to describe how being a WoMo makes you feel?
2. What’s the funniest experience you have had juggling kids and work?
I had to take my daughter with me to a new client and she ended up playing with their dog the whole meeting!
3. What is the one piece of advice you could offer another WoMo?
Your kids will be very proud of you even if they don’t seem to show it right now.
4. What’s the least amount of sleep you’ve gone to work on and how did you cope?
A few hours. I can do one of those nights now, 2 in a row will kill me.
5. What have you learned about yourself as a WoMo?
I have learned that I can be a good mother and work at the same time, I need it for my sanity.
6. If you had a WoMo anthem or mantra, what would it be?
Just keep swimming…..
7. What is your guilty pleasure to combat WoMo guilt the best?
Taking the kids for a Five Guys Milkshake late at night!
8. Would you rather be dealing with a tantrum or presenting in a board meeting?
Presenting in a board meeting, duh!
9. If you asked your child / children what your job is, what would they say (exact quotation if possible)?
Mummy is an amazing bathroom designer.
10. What’s the one thing you wish you’d known before you became a WoMo?
You need to cherish the time you have with your kids.
11. To date, what has been your best WoMo achievement?
The first completed bathroom and the first paycheque!
12. What do you want to teach your kids about working mothers?
I think it is important that the kids have a job that they love – the kids will see it in them and understand.
Big thanks to Sara - our featured WoMo, and thanks to author Clare Bennett for providing our 12 "Meet the WoMos" interview questions.