Hey Anna - tell us a bit about yourself: What do you do, how old are your children and what happens with your kids when you are at work?
I’m Anna and I set up my communications agency called Coverdale Barclay in 1993 when Oli was 18 months old. Oli is now 24 and Millie is 18. I now juggle work, school and Millie's music career!
1. ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE HOW BEING A WOMO MAKES YOU FEEL?
2. WHAT’S THE FUNNIEST EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE HAD JUGGLING KIDS AND WORK?
When my son Oli was aged 3 he answered the phone when he was in my office, and said, "Hello are you one of my Mummy's clients?"
3. WHAT IS THE ONE PIECE OF ADVICE YOU COULD OFFER ANOTHER WOMO?
Do what you feel is best for you and don't listen to too many other people's opinions.
4. WHAT’S THE LEAST AMOUNT OF SLEEP YOU’VE GONE TO WORK ON AND HOW DID YOU COPE?
2 hours and a Bloody Mary at lunchtime.
5. WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED ABOUT YOURSELF AS A WOMO?
Nothing is impossible.
6. IF YOU HAD A WOMO ANTHEM OR MANTRA, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work I go.
7. WHAT IS YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE TO COMBAT WOMO GUILT THE BEST?
Spoiling them too much.
8. WOULD YOU RATHER BE DEALING WITH A TANTRUM OR PRESENTING IN A BOARD MEETING?
Board presentation any time although I have had grown ups who throw tantrums in these.
9. IF YOU ASKED YOUR CHILD / CHILDREN WHAT YOUR JOB IS, WHAT WOULD THEY SAY (EXACT QUOTATION IF POSSIBLE)?
Mummy works with the newspapers.
10. WHAT’S THE ONE THING YOU WISH YOU’D KNOWN BEFORE YOU BECAME A WOMO?
How awful morning sickness is.
11. TO DATE, WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR BEST WOMO ACHIEVEMENT?
My daughter standing up in class aged 14, when asked who her role model is and she said 'My Mum'.
12. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO TEACH YOUR KIDS ABOUT WORKING MOTHERS?
How hard we work and not to take anything for granted.
Big thanks to Anna - our featured WoMo, and thanks to author Clare Bennett for providing our 12 "Meet the WoMos" interview questions.