Hi Katie, tell us a bit about yourself. What do you do, how old are your children and what happens with your kids when you are at work?
I own a preloved luxury fashion boutique called The Queen Bee on the doorstep of Monaco. I have two children aged 13 and 8 years old. My children go to school locally since this year, and are now old enough to walk home to my shop after school and college. It wasnt quite so easy when they were younger!
1. One word to describe how being a WoMo makes you feel?
2. What’s the funniest experience you have had juggling kids and work?
When I was still styling professionally for the television channels, I was commuting three days a week from the South of France up to Paris with my newly born daughter, as I did not have anyone to look after her while I was away. I remember running around Paris in my hire car, doing at least ten appointments a day, with my daughter in my arms, and having to change her nappy on the back seat of the car!
3. What is the one piece of advice you could offer another WoMo?
Never give up
4. What’s the least amount of sleep you’ve gone to work on and how did you cope?
Probably one or two hours. I dragged my feet but persevered!
5. What have you learned about yourself as a WoMo?
That life throws you hurdles and you just have to deal with them.
6. If you had a working mother’s anthem or mantra, what would it be?
Never give up
7. What is your guilty pleasure to combat WoMo guilt the best?
A glass of wine at the end of the day. Or two.
8. Would you rather be dealing with a tantrum or presenting in a board meeting?
9. If you asked your child / children what your job is, what would they say?
‘Sell clothes’ in a nutshell...
10. What’s the one thing you wish you’d known before you became a WoMo?
That even if you might be at the end of your tether with fatigue, your children are the most important things that you have accomplished, so it is more than worth it…
11. To date, what has been your best WoMo achievement?
Being a single mother and juggling between two children, homework, sports etc and running a fashion boutique.
12. What do you want to teach your kids about working mothers?
Big thanks to Katie for her interview. Follow Katie here: