Hi Charlie, tell us a bit about you. What do you do and how old are your children and what happens with your kids when you are at work?
I have 2 boys 5 and 9 both are at school when I am working.
1. One word to describe how being a WoMo makes you feel?
2. What’s the funniest experience you have had juggling kids and work?
Not sure it is funny but I had one disaster outside the school gates where we were about to go into school and - after to a meeting and my 5 year old was sick all over the car and himself. He was quickly absolutely fine but there was no way I was going to make that meeting! I had to laugh or I would cry I think.
3. What is the one piece of advice you could offer another WoMo?
Do something you enjoy and ideally love - it will make everything easier.
4. What’s the least amount of sleep you’ve gone to work on and how did you cope?
When the boys were very little especially my youngest he was not a great sleeper. Numerous interrupted sleeps. Coped with coffee!
5. What have you learned about yourself as a WoMo?
That I need to occasionally give myself a break and that when you have a little distance time and rest you then have clarity and far better ideas.
6. If you had a working mother’s anthem or mantra, what would it be?
Work hard but also enjoy the journey.
7. What is your guilty pleasure to combat WoMo guilt the best?
Not really a guilty pleasure but I love reading my psychologies magazine or a good book in the bath at night. There would always be alternative things to do but also important to have down time.
8. Would you rather be dealing with a tantrum or presenting in a board meeting?
Probably presenting but it would depend on the Tantrum and how long it lasted!
9. If you asked your children what your job is, what would they say (exact quotation?
10. What’s the one thing you wish you’d known before you became a WoMo?
Make sure you are in a career that will work well with your new life. Take that into consideration before having children if you can.
11. To date, what has been your best WoMo achievement?
Setting up Transition Peak www.transitionpeak.com and also writing my book ‘What to do next?’
12. What do you want to teach your kids about working mothers?
That it is a choice and that it is possible.
About the company: Transition Peak Limited™ is an online career coaching and training portal that helps individuals and companies move forward and faster following career change or redundancy situations. It is a useful tool for individuals interested in saving on expensive career coaching costs. Our online portal provides access to video tutorials, documents and checklist. It also connects individuals with accredited coaches and experts should they require additional support. To find out more visit www.transitionpeak.com