Hello Linda, tell us about yourself. What do you do and how old are your children and what happens with your kids when you are at work?
I have 2 boys aged 10 and 2 years and 1 girl aged 7 years. My kids are at school and nursery.
1. One word to describe how being a WoMo makes you feel?
2. What’s the funniest experience you have had juggling kids and work?
I had a very important meeting which I was taking virtually from home. I had locked the door while my kids were downstairs with the nanny, only to hear my daughter knocking as hard as she could to say that her teddy wasn’t eating enough vegetables! And of course, everyone on the call heard her.
3. What is the one piece of advice you could offer another WoMo?
Have all the support in place so that you can do a good job.
4. What’s the least amount of sleep you’ve gone to work on and how did you cope?
I am terrible at coping with lack of sleep! I cope by remembering that it is only a phase.
5. What have you learned about yourself as a WoMo?
I have learnt that multitasking is a myth and that I must finish one thing at a time, otherwise I muddle things up!
6. If you had a working mother’s anthem or mantra, what would it be?
Try to teach your kids the soft skills that they need for life by talking to them about your experiences.
7. What is your guilty pleasure to combat WoMo guilt the best?
I have a facial once every month! Very naughty!
8. Would you rather be dealing with a tantrum or presenting in a board meeting?
Not sure, I am so used to tantrums that they are now a walk in the park.
9. If you asked your children what your job is, what would they say?
Linda – IT specialist (I think?)
10. What’s the one thing you wish you’d known before you became a WoMo?
It’s not the end of the world if you occasionally miss school events.
11. To date, what has been your best WoMo achievement?
Thinking of setting up a business, Transition Peak, when my third child was a few months old and actually doing it.
12. What do you want to teach your kids about working mothers?
That you can be anyone you want and that there is no limit.
About the company: Transition Peak Limited™ is an online career coaching and training portal that helps individuals and companies move forward and faster following career change or redundancy situations. It is a useful tool for individuals interested in saving on expensive career coaching costs. Our online portal provides access to video tutorials, documents and checklist. It also connects individuals with accredited coaches and experts should they require additional support. To find out more visit www.transitionpeak.com